Forever Free Trial
Where can I download the Forever Free Trial?
Download the PC version and Mac version here.
What does "Forever Free" mean?
"Forever Free" means that your trial account does not expire. You have no time limitation and may play within the restrictions of the Endless Trial as long as you like for free.
What are the restrictions on the Free Trial?
- Free Trial accounts are restricted to Tier 1 of the Empire versus Chaos pairing. This includes Tier 1 scenarios but does not include access to the Capital Cities or the other racial pairings within the game.
- Free Trial users are unable to send mail to other players, use the Auction House and Bank, or trade face-to-face with any player; however, they can receive mail.
- Free Trial accounts are limited to designated servers. If you'd like to play with friends on other servers, you will need to purchase a retail copy of the game and transfer your character to their server (or create a new character on their server). All characters Rank 11 and under on purchased accounts have access to unlimited transfers, with a max of one transfer per day. Please note that you can only transfer characters to the same server type as the server you created your characters on (Core, Open RvR, and Roleplay). Please see the full server list here for details about each server, including server type. Alternatively, if you have a friend who is currently playing WAR, you can ask them for a Recruit-a-Friend code that will allow you to create a Recruit-a-Friend trial account which has access to all servers. Please see the Recruit-a-Friend section for more information.
What is the difference between an Forever Free Trial account and a Recruit-a-Friend account?
The Forever Free Trial accounts are restricted to specific servers while Recruit-a-Friend accounts have access to all servers. Otherwise, both accounts share the same in-game restrictions: Empire versus Chaos Tier 1 only, cannot send mail, and cannot create auctions. Both accounts are also "endless" and never close.
Is there a New Player Guide to help get me started playing WAR?
We recommend both a New Player Guide and the game manual to help get you started and answer any initial questions you may have.
Can I play on a computer that has the full game installed?
Yes, you may play the Forever Free Trial on a computer that has the full game installed, but the restrictions will still apply.
Where can I get the full version of the game once I decide to subscribe?
To upgrade your trial to a full version of the game, simply subscribe. There is no need to purchase the game separately upgrade instantly via the Account Center. Once your account has been upgraded, you can run the trial patcher to automatically download the complete game client.
Can I use my characters from the Forever Free Trial in the full game?
Yes, as long as you upgrade your Forever Free Trial account rather than create a brand new one, the characters you are currently playing will still be there to continue their journey through WAR.
To upgrade your trial account to the full version of the game by subscribing to WAR, there is no requirement to purchase the game separately. Follow these simple steps:
- Visit the Account Center, log in with your Master Account details and choose "Activate a Key", and enter your retail Product Registration Code. A valid credit card or prepaid Game Time card is required.
- Run the WAR trial client to automatically patch to the full version of the game.
The benefits of upgrading from a trial account to the full version of the game include:
- Full, unrestricted access to all content in the game.
- Full use of the Auction House and in-game mail.
- Access to all game servers.
Existing retail game codes are still valid for 30 days of game time for new accounts.
EUALA, EA ONLINE TERMS & CONDITIONS AND SERVICE UPDATES CAN BE FOUND AT www.warhammeronline.com.